First-Time Renter’s Guide to Self-Storage
As life can change quickly, the need for additional storage space can too. You may not realize how fast personal belongings can accumulate over the years. Storage units are a great resource for homeowners, those living in apartments, business owners, and more. With plenty of storage facilities and storage unit types to choose from, it can be hard to know which unit to pick. We’ll walk through tips and tricks on how to find the right storage unit for you.
Storage Unit Types
Depending on what stage of life you’re in, the type of storage unit you choose may differ. Being aware of common storage types can help you find a storage facility and the perfect storage unit. Common storage unit types you’ll find include:
- Personal Storage: Standard storage units are ideal for storing seasonal clothing, home decor, sporting equipment, and other spare personal belongings.
- Commercial Storage: Business supplies and equipment can add up fast. A commercial storage unit can keep your business organized.
- Climate Controlled Storage: Some items need additional protection during long-term storage. When storing items such as wooden furniture, metal equipment, and important documents, climate controlled storage units can prevent potential damage or wear and tear.
- Vehicle storage: When it’s time to pull your boat out of the water for the season or park your RV in a secure place, there are vehicle storage options available to protect your vehicle for the colder months.
- Student Storage: Student housing tends to have limited storage space. When you need temporary storage for extra appliances or furniture while attending college, student storage is an ideal solution.
- Military Storage: If you or your loved one serves in the military, you are probably familiar with having to move around often. While you are away from home, store your furniture or spare clothing in a storage unit. Plus, many storage facilities offer discounts for military personnel.
Storage Unit Packing Tips
Keeping your storage unit organized and tidy can be beneficial for many reasons. Not only can organization hacks help you manage your storage items easier, it can also help maximize space inside your storage unit. Follow these tips to best organize your storage unit:
- Label your boxes: As you pack your items for storage, it can be helpful to label your boxes to keep track of where your storage items are located. No one wants to spend time digging through boxes to find one item!
- Create a map of the unit: Creating a map of your storage unit layout can help you find your storage items or boxes even faster.
- Keep an aisle open: In addition to staying organized, keeping a pathway to easily move in and out of your storage unit efficiently.
- Create a list of inventory: Keeping a list of all of the items inside your storage units can help keep track of what all you have in storage.
Benefits of Renting a Storage Unit
You’ll find a wide variety of storage features available at select storage facilities. At Stor All, we offer advanced storage features that make the storage process hassle-free. A few of the storage features you can take advantage of when renting a storage unit include:
- Drive-up storage units
- Vehicle storage
- Climate controlled storage units
- Gated Access
- Video surveillance
- And more!
While convenience is an important factor for storing your belongings, security is essential too. With features like gated access, video surveillance, and fully-fenced storage facilities, you can have peace of mind that your belongings will be secure. Plus, with climate controlled storage units, you can safely store temperature sensitive items.
Items made of wooden, glass, and metal material can be affected by inclement weather or other elements. Easily maintain a consistent temperature inside your climate controlled storage unit and protect your belongings from potential wear and tear. You can also store smaller vehicles inside a climate controlled unit such as a boat, jet ski, or car to protect them during the colder months.
Find Your Storage Unit at Stor All Today
No matter what type of storage you’re looking for, we have a solution at Stor All. Free up space in your home or business and return to living clutter-free. Our team of storage experts can help you find the right fit for you. You can also browse our storage resources for additional information such as our unit size guide, FAQ page, or First Time Renter’s Guide! Ready to get started? Reserve or rent your storage unit at Stor All today!