Tips for Preparing Your Boat for the Summer
Summer is synonymous with boat season. Boat owners are itching to get back on the water after a winter away. One of the most exciting activities to enjoy during the summer months includes hitting the waves, whether you’re looking to fish, party, or just relax. Before you put your boat back out on the water, following best boat preparation practices such as boat de-winterization is important.
Understanding how to de-winterize a boat can keep it in good shape for years to come. It can also help decrease any issues that could arise that could burden you with more maintenance and higher bills down the road. Here at Stor All, we’re boat storage experts. Trust us for some of the best boat storage tips.
How To Prepare Your Boat for the Summer
Summer boat prep involves making sure each part of the boat is in proper working order to ensure safety and functionality throughout the summer. Following de-winterization steps, you can enjoy your time out on the water with a reduced chance of issues.
To prepare your boat for the summer, follow these instructions:
- Clean the boat. The first step includes cleaning the boat’s interior and exterior. Wipe down all surfaces, especially where you see excess dirt and grime. You should also do a sweep for any trash, bottles, or other things that can be thrown away.
- Inspect the boat. Give the boat a thorough inspection to ensure it didn’t sustain any damage during the winter months. The damage you should look for includes leaks, cracks, or corrosion. Make repairs to anything you see damaged before taking the boat out on the water.
- Check the engine. Properly checking and de-winterizing the engine on the boat can help you avoid many issues that could happen in the future. Inspect if the engine has any visible water or damage. In addition, ensure the engine has proper fuel and oil levels. Important steps in de-winterizing the engine include changing the oil and filter, checking the antifreeze levels, and charging or replacing the battery.
- Test the electrical systems. A boat’s electrical system can potentially sustain damage during the winter months. Check any electrical connections, such as wires and plugs, and ensure they have clean and clear connections. If you notice any corrosion, clean it using a brush.
- Check safety equipment. To operate a boat, you must have the proper safety equipment. The safety equipment you must have on board when you or your passengers are on the boat includes life jackets, a first aid kit, and a fire extinguisher. Make sure all safety equipment is in proper working order and replace anything if necessary.
By taking these steps, you can do everything possible to ensure your boat stays in good working condition through the summer. Without worrying about maintaining your boat and dealing with issues, you can enjoy a stress-free summer on your boat.
Benefits of Storing Your Boat at Stor All
At Stor All, we understand the time and attention you put into caring for your boat. Because of that, we ensure that we offer safe storage options. One of the safest places you can store it is in a self storage unit. Finding a spot to store your boat during the offseason can sometimes be challenging. Thankfully, Stor All offers boat storage, so you have a safe place to keep it.
- We provide secure storage solutions so you can rest assured that your boat will be in a safe place.
- We make it so you can easily access your boat by offering extended access hours if you need your boat when our facility is not normally open.
- If you choose our covered parking option, you can sleep peacefully knowing your boat is safe from the elements.
If you have other summer gear you need to store for the cold months, we also offer traditional self storage units in many shapes and sizes. You can choose the appropriate option and store all your belongings in one place.
What Kinds of Boat Storage Options Do We Have?
When it’s time to take your boat out of the water, you can choose between two boat storage options:
- Covered boat storage. These storage options can protect your boat from damage from weather elements such as hail, rain, or extreme heat. If you want to keep your boat in its best condition while in storage, the covered option is best.
- Outdoor boat storage. You can utilize our outdoor boat storage options for an affordable and convenient storage option. We offer wide parking spots so you can easily access your boat when you’re ready to return it to the water.
Rent Boat Storage Today
Summer is calling, and so is your boat! Avoid pricey marina charges and store your boat with your friends at Stor All. Contact us today for more information! A friendly Stor All team member can answer your questions and guide you on the best storage options. Then you can choose what storage options you want and get started immediately. Keep your boat safe during the winter months and select a storage unit near you.